Thursday, August 20

what happened to me?

These few days I've had difficulties breathing. Initially I thought this is just a relapse of asthma, so i went to Rivervale Mall's My Family Clinic. I was attended by Dr Daniel Chow, whom I find a lousy doctor. I told him my condition and he did all the listening on his I-donno-what's-that-called.

He said, 'You don't have asthma at all, I don't understand why you keep telling me you have asthma. I listened to your lungs and it's clear. You don't have the wheezing sound.'

I don't have asthma? Then why was I forbidden to take P.E lessons during my primary, secondary and ITE days? You mean for the past 23 years I've been imagining that I have asthma? So I asked him what's wrong if Im not having asthma? Why am I feeling so breathless? He said he has no idea so he advised me to go A&E.

Unsatisfied that there's no solution to my problem, mummy and I cabbed down to my own family doctor. At least my family doctor could give me a good answer. He told me it's not an asthma attack and agreed with Dr Daniel Chow that I should go A&E to get a X-ray of my lungs.

See, if you can tell me nicely it's not an asthma attack than telling me I DON'T HAVE ASTHMA; I wouldn't have labelled you lousy.

So I admitted myself into CGH's A&E with accompaniment of mummy. The staff nurse that attended to me was so nice, she hold my arm lightly and guide me into the room to check my oxygen level. Then I was told my oxygen level is normal and I was referred to a doctor, Dr Chew Yin Tze. She's another nice person there, very gentle.

I did the X-ray and again was told Im ok. Then she said she wanted to do a blood test to assure that Im really ok. I said 'HUH. I don't want!' loudly when I heard blood test. But she say cannot don't take. So I squirmed my eyes tightly when she's going to poke the needle into me. When the needle went in, I opened my eyes and said to mummy, 'Eh, ok ma. Not pain.'

Haha. I think the doctor also laughed. I waited for an hour before the result is out. Ok, I cleared the blood test. Im perfectly fine. 'Then why am I still so breathless?' I asked. 'It might be because of your asthma background. There's nothing wrong and you're safe to go home now. But I need you to come back for check up.' she said.

Im given a ventolin inhaler, a little different from the previous ones that I've used. How am I feeling now? Still the same, not any better. Haix..

No comments: